- Make Canon EF mount lens to cover the Fujifilm G-mount (GFX series) camera ;
- Advanced 5-element/3-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index Lanthanum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA ;
- Magnification of lens: 1.26x *
- Crop Factor with Fujifilm GFX camera: 1.0x
- Canon EF mount lens to Fujifilm G-mount camera.
- Autofocus. Phase-detection autofocus (PDAF) is supported no matter which AF lens is used. Adapters support PDAF by translating pertinent metadata about the optics between the lens interfaces. In this way, broad support of the widest range of lenses is made possible.
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Optical image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models.
- Focal length and aperture are adjusted in EXIF (see note 3).
- Store EXIF data (lens name, focal length and maximum/minimum aperture) for one manual lens in the adapter.
- LED indicator shows communication status.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
- Detachable Arca-Type tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, and Photo Clam ball heads(clamp directly or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4″-20 screw).
* Note: Aperture values decrease by 2/3 of a stop used in conjunction with this Expander.
Metabones Expander 1.26x
The EF – GFX Expander 1.26x allows Canon EF mount lenses to be mounted on Fujifilm GFX camera bodies without getting dark and / or soft corners. The magnification factor of 1.26x perfectly matches the image circle of the full-frame Canon EF lenses to the medium-format sensor of the GFX series cameras, and therefore the diagonal field-of-view (FOV) remains exactly the same.
The optical design consists of 5 elements in 3 groups, incorporating ultra-high index Lanthanum-based optical glass as well as one element made of fused silica, resulting in extremely good performances with professional-grade f/2.8 zoom lenses. For example, a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens becomes a 30-88mm f/3.5 zoom, and a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens becomes an 88-252mm f/3.5 zoom.
Due to the nature of focal extenders, the aperture values decrease by 2/3 of a stop; f/2.8 becomes f/3.5 and f/2 becomes f/2.5. High-speed fixed focal length lenses such as the 50mm f/1.4 will be transformed into a very fast 63mm f/1.8 standard lens for the GFX system.
The EF-GFX mount Smart Expander features Metabones’ electronic integration, including phase-detection autofocus (PDAF), in-body image stabilization (IBIS), optical image stabilization (called IS/OS/VC by various lens manufacturers) and smooth iris. The button on the Smart Expander toggles between auto aperture (programmed exposure or shutter priority) and manual aperture (aperture priority or manual exposure). If a manual lens with no electronics is attached, the button brings up the manual lens selection on the camera body so that focal length can be chosen for correct IBIS operation and EXIF.
Your PayPal receipt is your order confirmation. There is no separate email confirmation until the shipment takes place.
Disclaimer: we are NOT licensed, approved or endorsed by Canon and Fujifilm.